Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I know I have said it before but I'm going to keep on saying it. 

I never thought I'd be a mom. I never even thought I would get married. I had resigned myself to being a Crazy Cat Lady.

I am so blessed.

I think Mother's Day means more to me than my birthday.

I printed out this wonderful printable from Laura Winslow Photography and filled it out with Noodlebug.  I think we are going to try and make this a yearly tradition.

Here are this year's answers:

My mom's name is.....Amy.
My mom's age is......6.
My mommy's eyes are...blue and green.
When my mommy works, she...works in her office on her computer.
My mommy's hair is....brownish and long and crazy.
My favorite thing to do with my mommy is....play games.
My mommy laughs when....my building falls over.
My mom's favorite tv show is....movies. (we don't really watch tv around Noodlebug)
I love when my mom...dances.
My favorite thing my mommy cooks is....pizza.
I really love my mommy because....she's really beautiful.


A few days ago, I watched this video about the Taylor family and the loss of their sweet girl Ruby. I cried and cried and cried. I can't imagine loss like that.  I wonder sometimes why I am so blessed to have a strong and healthy 4-yr-old while others must face the loss of their sweet babies.  I want you all to be my witness and know that I do not take it for granted. I am amazed every single day by the blessing of family and health. 

The greatest Mother's Day gift I could ever get is my healthy boy. 

If you are a Mommy, take a moment today to give thanks for the blessing of a healthy child.

1 comment:

Megancita said...

Happy Mother's Day, Amy!