Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DIY Valentine's Day Garland

I have seen a variety of these garlands on Etsy and Pinterest and thought I'd try making my own rather than spend $14-$18 plus shipping.

Here is one lovely example from Etsy:

(image source)
I saw packs of playing cards at Dollar Tree that were selling for two for $1 and thought I'd make my own. Noodlebug picked out three different kinds of Valentine's ribbon and one spool of red ribbon at Michael's and we set to work making our garland.

Here is the finished product:




I used the entire suit of hearts and every bit of the three kinds of ribbon and most of the red ribbon.  This is so easy to do!!! Just punch two holes in each playing card and string them together with the ribbon of your choice.  (we chose red)  Then, we cut lengths of the three Valentine's ribbons and tied them together between each card.  It actually looks cuter in person.

Since I have another set of cards, I may make another one!!! And you can repurpose the other cards for things like mini-canvases (just gesso over the card) or mini-journals. 

1 comment:

PCovi said...

SOO cute!!!
It would be great for my friend who hosts Bridge parties!