Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy 2013! (no thanks to YOU, Mayans)

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. I was furloughed for two weeks from work which was both a curse and a blessing.  The reduced paycheck was hard but the time with my family was priceless.  I even got a few artsy-craftsy things done!!!


Here is a peek at Noodlebug's castle that I gave him for Christmas:





I will still be adding to the interior but I'm pretty happy with how it came out.  The whole thing (including dollar store knights) was less than $15 to put together. A much better deal that the $50-$100 ones that he really wanted.  He seems completely happy with this homemade edition.

I also finished up three out of four of my December FOR THE MAKERS projects.  Follow this link to the post and see photos here.

I also started Tamara Laporte's LIFE BOOK 2013 class.  Here is a picture I did of my Fairy Artmother. She is almost finished:

I think this is going to be a really good class.  The only problem I have is that my computer is broken so I no longer have a home computer. I can use my husband's laptop sporadicalloy.  I'm trying to save up some money to get my computer fixed and I can only hope that I will be able to salvage the hard drive.  What a way to start the new year!!!


I am contemplating my word for 2013.  I thought about "prosperity" but it sounds too mercenary.  I am torn between "believe" and "happiness" right now.

What is YOUR word for 2013?




1 comment:

PCovi said...

What an incredibly cool castle!!! You did great. Lucky boy.
I do not have a word.
I sure hope your hard drive is okay.